sheldongood

Here is a look inside my life... I have given up my life so that through me there might be LIFE... sounds confusing huh... This is a look at the life of sheldon, one who has been and is being transformed by the life and love of Jesus.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Cultural Amphibian

I consider myself a cultural anphibian. I was born into a white, middle class family with deep Pennsylvania Dutch roots. I was also born and raised in the "ghetto" of the small city of Reading, PA. (known for its high murder rates and pure cocaine) Both my mom and dad's familys come from rurual situations. My family is country, my neighbors are ghetto. What does that make me? A cultural anphibian. I have learned to be at home both in the city and in the country.

I am the youngest in my family. I have one whole brother I spent all my growing up years with. I also have half sibblings, five to be exact. My dad is 27 years older then my mom... its like being raised by your grandpa (with out being spoiled). My dad was already 50 years old when I was born.
You can probibly tell My family is very important to me. Community is also very important to me. I am trying to get to know my neighbors... You know the whole, "Love your neighbor as your self" type deal. You probibly also picked up that my faith is very important to me. It is... sometimes too much (I have this tendency to get caught up in religous piousness) I just want to Love the Lord my God with all my heart. (which is easy to do when my eyes are not set on condeming myself or others.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home